52 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Lackawanna River  (Read 3269 times)

Susky

• PA Fisher
Lackawanna River
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:44:09 PM »
I have been reading a lot on the wild brown trout population in the Lackawanna river.  I have never fished that section of the river but plan on trying to hit it a couple times this year.  I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole or go to lure, just trying to figure out access points and things of that nature. 
Thanks for any info.
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

Lackawanna River
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:44:09 PM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
Re: Lackawanna River
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »
I have an uncle that has gotten a few nice browns,includeing a beautiful 23"male hook jaw out of that river.Belive it or not right off LONESOME ROAD in OLDFORGE.
I got a buddy,him and his son have a blast on that river,nice trout and huge carps,they don't give any info,and I don't blame them.I have never fished it but my oldest son is interested in fishing it this year.im thinking of starting in the Jerman area and working down.
GOOD LUCK.
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

Wizzy

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
I have fly fished it a few times but that's it.  The biggest I have got is 24+" brown.  A few other 18-21 and a bunch smaller.    I'm not to familiar with the names of the towns of the river but my personal favorite stretch starts at the ball field  pool and goes up Stream.

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
I'm not familiar with that area either.  Trying to narrow down access points to get on it this year.
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »

fishfinder

• wired to fish
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
I have fly fished it a few times but that's it.  The biggest I have got is 24+" brown.  A few other 18-21 and a bunch smaller.    I'm not to familiar with the names of the towns of the river but my personal favorite stretch starts at the ball field  pool and goes up Stream.
are you talking about the ball park where the walking bridge crosses the river? Another angler told me to try the park where the bridge is. Just wondering if that's the park your talking about.
Fish hard, bend your rod

Wizzy

• PA Fisher
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »
The ball park I'm talking about you park by the road and there is a paved waling trail that goes along the steam behind the fence.  I think there is two ball fields.  Its just up stream from where there is a bar across the trail at the edge of town to prevent four wheelers and such.   Its a pretty popular spot. 

It might be the one your talking about also.

gillnut

• PA Fisher
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
Try from south side down to old forge great trout fishing. When you get close to the sewer treatment plant in south side watch for the pair of eagles that nest there.
GIVE'M THE STEEL BABY

Wizzy

• PA Fisher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
Is that sewer plant by 81 at dickson city exit?  In the summer I always see guys fly fishing down there.     Little slow water for me though I like the deeper fast pools for nypmhing. 

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »

durk

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 03:40:39 PM »
I have been reading a lot on the wild brown trout population in the Lackawanna river.  I have never fished that section of the river but plan on trying to hit it a couple times this year.  I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole or go to lure, just trying to figure out access points and things of that nature. 
Thanks for any info.
Susky
Try PA Outdoor Life's website
they did a show on it a while back
Maybe there's something on the site 8)

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Good tip durk.  I do remember watching that but obviously didn't retain any of the info.
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com