64 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: CATFISH BAIT  (Read 3795 times)

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
CATFISH BAIT
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
Anybody ever use rotten chicken for catfish bait????
I watched a few CATFISH VIDEOS on UTUBE today where they were crushing the CHANNELS on ROTTON CHICKEN.Let it get bad in the sun for a few days,strung it on a hook and man they crushed them.
From what I seen im gunna give it a shot.
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

NYPA FISHING

CATFISH BAIT
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »

Devle dropper

• Get some
Re: CATFISH BAIT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:55 PM »
Ive used chicken gizards left out in the the sun, but all it did was stink up the car. I still prefer night crawlers and Hellgrammites

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
CHEZ that sounds nast . Lo . But hey if it works ..... Let us know how you make out, just don't catch some funny disease from the rotten yard bird  :o Good Luck!
Don't Horse Em ....

chez

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »
CHEZ that sounds nast . Lo . But hey if it works ..... Let us know how you make out, just don't catch some funny disease from the rotten yard bird  :o Good Luck!

LMBO :)
I was amazed by the amount of cats these guys were cathing.Thing was they said the rotten chicken only catches smaller cat 25" to30",ill be happy with some of those.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »

Wizzy

• PA Fisher
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
Chez I have used rotten chicken livers...  But the get real soft when they deteriorate.  Hard to cast very far. 

The trick that I use is to take they XL pre cut spawn bag squares and tie some chicken liver sacks.  For that matter you can put what ever you want in the sack.   This helps it stay together on the hook and cuts down the handling time during the worst part.

chez

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
I USE SURGICAL GAUSE TUBEING FOR FINGERS,COMES IN 50' ROLLS ,CUT AND TIE WORKS GREAT ALSO.SEEM THE SMALLER CATS SUCK THE LIVERS OUT OF THE TUBES.BIG ONE NAIL IT AND RUN.USED THEM LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME WORKED WELL.
I never thought of ROTTEN CHICKEN,caught me by surprise.I guess the smell draws them from far away they were saying on the utube videos.
I wish the river would brake so I can get out.
I was on the computer most of the afternoon yesterday.You wouldn't belive what people have caught CATS ON.one site had a list of weird catfish bait that cats were actually caught on,state by state,everything from gummie bears to marshmellows.deer meat to frog legs chewing gum to soap.was very interesting.then you watch some videos and you wanna hop in the truck and go catfishing.but the river is jammed up with ice :'( :'( :'(

big ned

• PA Fisher
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:46:01 AM »
Fresh cut bait. Preferably pieces of white suckers are my favorite. Bluegill is 2nd choice.

chez

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »
Fresh cut bait. Preferably pieces of white suckers are my favorite. Bluegill is 2nd choice.

My buddy turned me on to useing trout heads last year.
Man do they work!!!!!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »

Wizzy

• PA Fisher
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
When I do use trout I use the belly strips .  then the heads then the fillets.

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 06:34:56 AM »
Chez I have used rotten chicken livers...  But the get real soft when they deteriorate.  Hard to cast very far. 

The trick that I use is to take they XL pre cut spawn bag squares and tie some chicken liver sacks.  For that matter you can put what ever you want in the sack.   This helps it stay together on the hook and cuts down the handling time during the worst part.
X2 wizzy....Try using the netting for tying egg sacks or simple enough....try nylon stockings. Cut into squares put liver in center, fold up the material and cinch it tight with small rubber bands or sewing thread. Thread your hook thru the netting and thread. Holds the soft liver tight and won't come off when casting. ;) I found rubber bands for kids braces work pretty good!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:43:03 AM by KingPerch »
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

IamDownsville

• PA Fisher
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 06:51:32 AM »
Fishing Lake Wallenpacpack... a local lake for the out-of-staters... My brother just put's on the guts of any fish...
Take the guts of any fish... let them get stinky in the sun for a bit... wrap the intestines and belly on a treble hook or even some of the meat with skin on... holds good on hook and you can throw it far... His biggest has been 19lbs off the dock... but the average is 7 to 12 lbs right off a dock.... and some in the day-time to boot...

chez

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:48 AM »
Big Cats in the pac brother.
Never thought of useing fish guts.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:48 AM »

zziipp

• TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »
chez a certain time of yr in states where they use trot lines i seen where they use ivory soap. in the spring i like trout and bluegill heads.helgramites you run a knife down em and turn em inside out works great also.summer they are spread out and like a lil more current when the water gets low and are harder to find and they seem to prefer live bait or strips of trout and the tail section.i also like to use a thin wire leader on trout because the pikes seem to have no problem with eating trout pieces. ive had some slammin days in the spring on hotdogs also in deeper pools with less current but you have to rig em to a hook because on long cast they sail right off. if i can hit a pool a lil off shore with no current i will rip pcs of hotdogs and throw em out and they go into a frenzy.im waitin for that spot chez to come down and i will drop you a line. come on down ole susky.

chez

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »
You know im waiting on that call brother.
We gotta get FM to join us one nite.

zziipp

• TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »
sonds good chez.it will be a blast.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com