60 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Recent Shark Attacks  (Read 1605 times)

RutNut

• Montana 2011
Recent Shark Attacks
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »
I've been seeing all the reports of the recent shark attacks in the news. Wed. morning I texted a buddy who is down on the OUter Banks of N.C. and jokingly said I heard the shark fishing was real good down there right now. He texted back and said only if you're using arms and legs for bait!  :o So  we texted back and forth a few more times that morning.

Then just after lunchtime I get a text that read: Shark Attack Nearby- NO SH**!!!!!!!!!!!   Turns out the latest victim was attacked on the beach they were staying at. They heard the siren go by the house and talked to a local that is on the fire dept. Confirmed their suspicians that is was a shark attack. They were planning to hit the beach in the afternoon after lunch, but decided to drive to another beach.  His wife refuses to go near the water now and he said he is only wading up  to his knees.

There is talk that the nearby fishermen are attracting the sharks. But of course they say they have been fishing there for years. But I guess some people just have to find something to blame it on.

Last night on the news they had a fisheries "expert" on that said this year just may be a perfect storm. Coastal drought that is making the water more salty, very warm ocean water temps and very plentiful baitfish. They said sharks love these conditions and it may explain why the sharks are coming into shallow water more frequently and the increased number of attacks.

NYPA FISHING

Recent Shark Attacks
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »

FM

• Administrator
Re: Recent Shark Attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:50:16 PM »
I'm headed to VA in a few weeks and watching the events closely. I don''t go in the water personally but my kids like to.
FM

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
I asked my buddy if he has his .45 on him(knowing he has a carry permit). He said "yep, you know me- I don't go anywhere without it. But it is the first time I've ever had it in the waistband(holstered) of my bathing trunks!"  ;)

Yeah, this time of year there are a lot of folks in the water. Even with the increased attacks this year, you're probably way more likely to get struck by lightning or hit by a car. But the thought of a big fish gnawing on your arm or leg tends to get you a little nervous!  :o

The_Kid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »
Naaaa that' was cake compared to some of the stuff I've seen. And at least it was sharp. Imagine having a dull knife and have to cut off your arm? But I think a shark would just take it in one bite . Probably wouldn't  even feel that

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com