61 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: SENCOS  (Read 5001 times)

KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
SENCOS
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »
I LOVE DRAGGING SENCOS ACCROSS THE TOP OF WEEDS AND LILLYS. THEY HAVE A GREAT TOP WATER ACTION TO THEM. THIS PICKEREL CRUSHED IT LIKE AIR JAWS YESTERDAY!

NYPA FISHING

SENCOS
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »

fishfinder

• wired to fish
Re: SENCOS
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:31 AM »
Nice pic. Do you use  the "original senko" Gary  Yamamoto. Or do you use other brand's?
Fish hard, bend your rod

The_Kid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
I'm cheap so I use off brand sencos  I have some that are the same exact color and size as the real ones and they work just fine . Why pay 8 bucks for a pack of sencos when I can get the same thing for 1.50 haha

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
Kid, I'm the same, I don't care about brands, give me a watermelon or root beer colored rubber worm that has a nice slow sink to it (weedless texas rig and weightless)
and I'll be happy.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »

KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 06:31:55 AM »
I USE SENCOS BUT I WORK WITH A GUY FROM VERMONT AND HE GOES BACK THERE ONCE IN A WHILE AND GETS THEM FOR 5 BUCKS A PACK SO WE STOCK UP. BUT I USE YUM DINGERS TOO. IVE TRIED THEM ALL AND THE YUMS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT SEEM TO CATCH AS MANY FISH FOR ME.

fishfinder

• wired to fish
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 08:51:36 AM »
I USE SENCOS BUT I WORK WITH A GUY FROM VERMONT AND HE GOES BACK THERE ONCE IN A WHILE AND GETS THEM FOR 5 BUCKS A PACK SO WE STOCK UP. BUT I USE YUM DINGERS TOO. IVE TRIED THEM ALL AND THE YUMS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT SEEM TO CATCH AS MANY FISH FOR ME.
I to have had great success with the Yum dinger, from the 3 inch up to the 5 inch. I especially like the 3 inch dinger on a 1/16 or 1/8 jig head. I stock up when Nimrods has his spring sale.
Fish hard, bend your rod

gillnut

• PA Fisher
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »
I use senko . You catch more fish on them. They don't break as fast as the off brands. So I watch when they go on sale and stock up or if you look online you can find them cheap. Plus some colors I use you can't find in the other brands so I'll spend the extra money
GIVE'M THE STEEL BABY

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Yamamoto's are the toughest senkos I have found. Wacky, Texas rigged and drop shotting have put many bass in the boat. Black/blue laminate, black with blue flake, and watermelon are a few of my go-to colors. A great bait.
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »

durk

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 07:45:13 PM »
Yamamoto's are the toughest senkos I have found. Wacky, Texas rigged and drop shotting have put many bass in the boat. Black/blue laminate, black with blue flake, and watermelon are a few of my go-to colors. A great bait.
Chez and I hit Black Lake last weekend , Not good , the water level was low the
weeds were high and the mosquito's were hungry , going to try again to three weeks 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
Did you guys fish the weed mats? The ledges of drops where the long weeds grow should have been good for you guys. I was on the Cape all last week....Josh and I hit a couple freshwater lakes with the yaks and, did well on the bass. We found the more weeds produced the most fish. ;) we're off to Clayton this weekend...Josh  has a 2 day bass tourney there. Some pig smallies in the St.Lawrence River...

durk

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
Did you guys fish the weed mats? The ledges of drops where the long weeds grow should have been good for you guys. I was on the Cape all last week....Josh and I hit a couple freshwater lakes with the yaks and, did well on the bass. We found the more weeds produced the most fish. ;) we're off to Clayton this weekend...Josh  has a 2 day bass tourney there. Some pig smallies in the St.Lawrence River...
It was real windy when we were there , hard to keep the boat under control
and by the time the water calmed down we only had about 40 mins to fish before it
got dark. Gillnut said we should have gone under the bridge and fished thr other end of
the lake ,Think I'll try that when I go back up  8)

KingPerch

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 08:21:54 PM »
Good luck on your next trip. 8)

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 08:21:54 PM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »
ITS great to have you back KING PERCH.Even though we stayed in touch off the site ,,,,it wasent the same with your absents.Good to have you back....FM,,RULES!! :)

Black lake trip was great all but the fishing....O Ya and on the first nite I put the hook of a chugbug threw my lip trying to bite the braided line.lol.i took care of the infection with a bottle of VODKA and GRAPEFRUIT JUICE.I agree with Durk,the last 45 minutes of lite was the bite.But the groves of skeeters cameout and you had to get off the lake.Ive been HUNTING AND FISHING CANADA Since im 17yo and the skeeter at BLACK LAKE were worse than hunting bear in CANADA over a bait pile...NO S**T..
I got all my fish on topwater baits.Chugbugs and Floating RAPALAS,the wouldn't touch a SENCO or soft bait.I did catch fish every day.Durk got his Fish on BUZZBAITS,My son Birdman got all his fish on chugbugs and a few on a FIRETIGER SPINNERBAIT.
The place we stayed was nice.easy launch and docking.
we will be back to this lake.
It is on our ICEFISHING HITLIST also,from the CALICO I seen on the BAITSHOP WALLS,and most of them came threw the ice. :)
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »
Freddie has some time in on that lake.....you could try to pull some input from him. He's not a bass fisherman though.....😉

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com