62 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: SURF REPORT  (Read 6429 times)

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
SURF REPORT
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:28 AM »
JEEZS;
I thought our leader would of put up a picture or 2 of his surf fishing this week.
I hope he got into something good.
AW I guess when your on vacation you don't want to be messing with the computer.
Plus its family time...NO WORK. ;)
Hopefully he will post a few when he gets back.
Im heading out to the beach next Saturday for a few days.I cant stay the whole week but,my family is.I got work OBLIGATIONS.... :' I take far too many other long weekend vacations for fishing and hunting....(Im hopeing to get 4 days of fishing the surf in.
I will hopefully have something to post. :-\
Any one who like river fishing CATS,would luv SURF FISHING,If you have never done it and get the chance.....DO IT.
One of our members RAU,Tried it this year.I gave him some basic tips,and rig ideas and he had a ball ..HIM AND HIS KIDS :)He posted pictures back in june of his trip.
I sat for years on the beach watching guys surf fish,while I was sipping on my beer and the, one year about 20 years ago ,A bell went off in my head and I got into the sport.Im hooked ever since.You can get into it pretty cheep just to try it out.
I got some real great surf set ups now ,worth over $300.00.each Mid of the line.
I started with a $25.00 pole and reel a top and bottom rig.$2.00,a 8OZ sinker.$.75 back then.a Sand spike$4.00 and a tub of SQUID $5.00back then.
Had a blast.LBI,caught,BLUES,Sand SHARKS,also known as DODFISH,RAYS,CROAKERS and king fish.
IT was a great time.They couldn't get me off the beach that year.
O, I guess I started RAMBELING on.Im sorry.
I hope FM puts up some pics :)

What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

NYPA FISHING

SURF REPORT
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:28 AM »

chez

Re: SURF REPORT
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 10:31:05 AM »
I do all of the above.
Top and bottom rig is great for beginners.2 hooks 20" apart and  pyramid sinker at the bottom.i use between 5oz and 8oz depenfing on the surf.a different bait on each hook.i like fresh bunker on 1 and  clam on the second one.look holes or troths in the surf.you can spot them watching how the waves break.takes time to learn.or just check it at low tide.cast out to a hole tighten line,put your rod in a sand spike,crack a beer,and wait gor a bite.you will know it,your pole will be bouncing like mad.
Pm me on any questions.i can meet up with you if you wish and show you my set ups and rigs.
I luv surf fishing!!!!!!!

FM

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
No pics this year conditions sucked. Plus it's a family vacation trip so fishing time is limited. There are these rotten little birds that manage to have miles and miles of the east coast federal beaches closed down from may until the end of august  they are called the piping plover and they have more rights than you and I. I personally look forward to their extinction.  At any rate the fishing beach was closed for the birds, even to walking  along the shore. Do I sound bitter?  LOL.  I may go back for stripers late in the fall.
FM

chez

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
That suck Bud.
I hope the rest of the trip was nice.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »
No pics this year conditions sucked. Plus it's a family vacation trip so fishing time is limited. There are these rotten little birds that manage to have miles and miles of the east coast federal beaches closed down from may until the end of august  they are called the piping plover and they have more rights than you and I. I personally look forward to their extinction.  At any rate the fishing beach was closed for the birds, even to walking  along the shore. Do I sound bitter?  LOL.  I may go back for stripers late in the fall.
FM

LOL FM! I heard of that bird, but didn't realize the nesting season was so long! That really stinks. Yeah, don't you love it when a winged little varmint has more rights than us????!!!!  ::)

chez

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
FM

Me and Durk met HD and Rut Nut at Falls saturday afternoon.
There were Oooh oooh birds everywhere.
Rut nut ask why they were called ooh ooh birds.Durk replied because they have real short legs and long Testicles and when they come in for a landing they go OOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH ;)

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:48 PM »

Rut nut ask why they were called ooh ooh birds.Durk replied because they have real short legs and long Testicles and when they come in for a landing they go OOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH ;)
too funny! Lol!
Sorry to hear of your misfortune with those birds FM! Hope the rest of your family time went well!☺
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

FM

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:36 PM »
Good time with the fam. Way too predictable for me though, we have been going there for about 15 years, every summer. The biggest surprise I had was getting shat on by a gull on the OC boardwalk.
FM

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:36 PM »

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 04:51:04 PM »

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 05:42:54 PM »
Good time with the fam. Way too predictable for me though, we have been going there for about 15 years, every summer. The biggest surprise I had was getting shat on by a gull on the OC boardwalk.
FM
steel shot works on dump ducks too! Lol! I didn't really mean that!😎
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

chez

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 07:50:57 AM »
Ill be hopefull fishing the Surf tomorrow evening.
And ,morning and evening  for 3 days after.
My buddy just got back from a week of surf fishing.
Said the water is resl cold,and a slower bite.
He caught a few skates,and over a dozen dogfish.
He said the Kingfish ((((Whihting))) were in the surf the last day and a half,caught a bunch of those.so im gunna tske along a lighter set up for those guys if they show up ;)
Hopefully ill have a few pics to post when i get back.

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
Good luck Chez- and have fun! Hope to see some pics here soon. Have a safe trip!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »

chez

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »

Weather is great.Beers are cold.Surf Fishing is bad Lol.
I was never to this Beach before.Flat as a basketball court.
Which is bad for Surf Fishing.Locals told me this area is only 8' deep for close to 1/2  out.Bait shop owner at Rip Tide Bait and Tackle said they have been landing some decent Tiger Shark in our area.1 up to 7'
We got great bait at The shop.2 poles each.1 with bunker chunks or clams.
And our bigger Rigs with steel leaders and whole Bunker on a circle hook.
No luck on Shark,but My son Matt landed a real nice Brown Ray yesterday morning.
As far as fishing light tackle and small bait,,,, It aint happening.the crabs kill ya.
Birdman and his girl friend went crabbing Saturday nite and got 18 keepers.He didnt take pics.We steamed and ate those guys.
Slep in todayI had a tight grip on the bottle last nite.
Might fish the sound this afternoon.
No fishing Tonight.Hitting Atlantic City...Ceaser,and the Wild West.
Gunna fish tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening ,hopefully.
I gotta leave for home wen.morning..Work obligations.
The rest of the family is going to stay till saturday.

Spider1

• PA Fisher
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »
tell Matt congrats on the ray! nice size! Nice going on the crabs too! Looks like the boys will keep you fed and happy brother!  ;D

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »
Reminds me of a good Redneck Joke- "If you've ever been too drunk to fish.....................................you may be a Redneck!"  ;D

Well, those pics look great! Looks like you are having a fine time with the family!  8)

Keep up the good work!  ;)

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com