60 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: PULASKI NY SALMON - My opinion differs  (Read 5173 times)

draketrutta

PULASKI NY SALMON - My opinion differs
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
My opinion differs

I have years ofexperience winter steelheading up there.
I was never really into the salmon "fishing" - - aha - snagging, lifting, lining.

Yeah I know - one out of every 100 actually bite... if you can reach it through the hundreds of shoulders up and down and all around you - never mind the countless drift boats of recent years on every bend.

The DEC ruined the steelhead fishery due to unadultered NYS GREED.
They overstocked#'s and average size plummeted. Last year was a serious threat of some sort of disease due to it. Just like a fish tank - there is only so much biomass and room for so many fish.

The Salmon River - between Barclay DSR which has priced the common man out, to the DSR wannabees gaining a foothold upstream, to the countless guides and others, to the corrupt DEC which is supposed to protect resources - not develop them like a Disney theme park - the Salmon River is the MOST PIMPED waterway on the Eastern Seaboard.

Add all that BS to the never ending hordes of instant gratification internet fishermen and PIG THIEVES who break into vehicles -

well no big surprise that I will not be up there..

I'd rather fish Oswego - it is industrial, stark, and a dangerous place to fish --- but the fish are bigger - and the place is advertised honestly - vs- the Whoremonger PIMPS of Pulaski..

enjoy the half-dead Salmon that try to run the gauntlet.

sorry for peeing in your Cheerios, but I despise hypocrisy at the cost of Mother Nature.

I sincerely hope Ma Nature crashes the entire fishery as payback for Man's Greed.
Let the PIMPS get jobs at Lowes in Watertown.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:49:16 AM by FM »

NYPA FISHING

PULASKI NY SALMON - My opinion differs
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »

FM

• Administrator
Re: PULASKI NY SALMON - My opinion differs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
Lets keep this thread on track and focused on the TOPIC - PULASKI NY SALMON - My opinion differs  If you have some off the topic points to make start a thread for it with an appropriate title so members can decide whether they want to take the time to read your opinion or not.
FM

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:07 AM »
Some opinions are meant to be kept quiet at times....some opinions tend to get these sites wound up. I have strong opinions about how people stereotype others about how they do things in life. I watched great threads destroyed on other sites because someone posted their opinion. Better off leaving well enough alone these days! That's my opinion....😎
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

FM

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
Political Correctness Kills Websites..
just like
Political Correctness is Killing this Country.

If it stinks - I say so...

If you don;t like it - tough ***.

sorry FM - I am done with this topic (and Poooolaski cheerleader).

Nothing politically correct about splitting your posts. You had no business trying to steal the kids thread and use what will be a good upbeat discussion about the Salmon River to promote your skewed opinions. If you want to spew piss and vinegar, be a man about it, start your own thread and see how it does. As they say, put up or shut up.
FM

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
Wow!!!!! A lot of hostility on the site nothing wrong with starting your own thread.I usally dont take sides,but i must side with FM on this one,,,Sorry.The cheerleaders of the salmon river,KP,Kid,freddy and Kcarp are all friends of mine.i have fished with some of them znd looking foreward to fishing more with sll of them.They stated their luv for the salmon river.Just let it at that.I myself dont care to fish it anymore but,i stayed quiet.I like Pbrs,lots of guys dont.What you gunna do.You speek the way you feel Drake,i respect that :)
But dont get madd,because i am also looking foreward to hitting the water with you also.But you go too far sometimes.
Keep the pease bro.We are all a good bunch of guys on these sites.
Me and you like crow hunting.I bet 3/4 of the guys csnt stand it.We just do our thing man :)
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
Chez....my first drunk was on PBR! 😵 my opinion... Labatt Blue is better! But, that won't stop me from buying you a 6er of PBR when you join us to fish! 8)

chez

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
I hear ya brother...
Like Waylon Jennings allways said.
We re just the good ole boys!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
"NEVER MEANIN' NO HARM"!😎

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »

Filetandrelease

• PA Fisher
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »

Hey I use to shoot crows and flush pigeons out of barn for farmers and poof a few of them to far as beer goes a bud told me , rules first free then cold lol
I have been lately drinking blue moon , but jack manhattens really hit the spot  :o

chez

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 06:05:53 PM »
You the man Freddy,crow huntings a blast.
I luv J D. DURKS a beam man,about a $10.00 difference.
Like our buddy KP. Would say...
      (ITS ALL GOOD MAN) ;)

KingPerch

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
In my opinion....LIFE IS GOOD!

Filetandrelease

• PA Fisher
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »

Well IMO everyone has one , my feet hitting the floor in the morning and still up right and breathing on my own is good  :o

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »

KingPerch

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 05:34:23 AM »
Well IMO everyone has one , my feet hitting the floor in the morning and still up right and breathing on my own is good  :o
AMEN BUD! 8)

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
My first and only trip to the Salmon River was about 4 years ago.  I was really put off by the amount of anglers and more so by the amount of litter.  After several days I finally did land my first Steelhead.   

To each his own, personally I rather fish a secluded trout stream and catch average size trouts and enjoy the nature and solitude (and less litter).  But if you're willing to put up with all of it and get a chance to land a fish of a lifetime then power to you.

I do envy the guys that have the experience and know the less crowded out of the way spots.

All that aside I had a really great time mostly because of the company that I was with.  I would've been completely lost without the guidance of my friends.

I really don't share the overwhelming desire to go back up there, however when November comes it seems to be one of the only options left for good fishing, that and swinging streamers for PA trouts.

KingPerch

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »
November and December are always a great time to swing some flies! Less people and the fishing generally stays good throughout the much colder months. Occasionally, you'll see my son and I down there in January! Some pretty scenery with snow on the river banks! Cold, but, fun!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com