53 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: Got skunked at the pack yesterday.  (Read 1987 times)

Rtrucking40

• PA Fisher
Got skunked at the pack yesterday.
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »
Well humbled again by the big lake walleyes seem to have dissapered. trolled all kinds of crank baits anywhere from 10-18 feet. Picked up 1 little smallmouth but he dont count. Had a sailboat run over a planer board and just about spool me. And the idiots did manage to turn the lake into a wave pool for most of the afternoon. Quite a few guys out there trollin tho did not have a chance to talk to anyone. So what kind of pattern will these fish start takin aka stripers and walleyes. Can they be caught in the top 10 fow this time of year or are they already going to go deep for the winter

NYPA FISHING

Got skunked at the pack yesterday.
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
Re: Got skunked at the pack yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
Don't let it get to you brother.Its a tuff lake.my inlaws owned a huge house on it ,in the BRIAR HILL area,Near COVE haven.I was there every chance I had for 21 years.
1 good day then 4 bad.Thats how it was.Usally the good day made up for the bad.
My inlws sold the house after my father in law died.I miss it a lot.
The best fishin is coming... The fall bite and ice season.Just around the corner.Boat trffic will dwindle down to just fishermen till ice on.THE BOATERS NEVER HAD ANY RESPECT FOR THE FISHERMEN all the years ive been fishing there.
Im gunna hit it hard this year on the ice.A few of my buddies got quads now,so it will be a go.I have had quads for over 30 years.Just none of my icefishin buddies had any.
GOOD LUCK,,,SEE YOU ON THE LAKE.
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

pabassman

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
 A buddy of mine was there yesterday too. He was bass fishing and said it was a tough bite. He quit early due to the boat traffic. He said a lot of big boats were being pulled out so maybe it was the last day for a bunch of them. He said the lake has that green tint, not good. Fishing usually gets tough during that time. Rain/wind will help stir it up.

KingPerch

• NY DIEHARD!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »
RT, I won't say your lake is like Oneida Lake here, but, walleye have been trolled with stick baits and jigged outta the weeds in 10' of water.....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:34:29 PM by KingPerch »
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

R.I.P Rodney!😎

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »

shiver318

• PA Fisher
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 07:28:06 PM »
Pack is a tough lake for me also, did my best the first time I was there. Must have been beginners luck but still try to get up in the spring and fall a few times!

FM

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »
My thoughts on the location of the fish is that as the traffic dwindles and the water cools they with start relating to the shoreline early mornings evenings and nights. Way too soon for them to start making winter moves.
FM

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com