98 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: almost got skunked at Promised Land  (Read 5850 times)

Spider1

• PA Fisher
almost got skunked at Promised Land
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
I played hooky yesterday. Told the boss the fish were biting and need the day off but I guess I was wrong. The fishing was slow to say the least. I woke up early and hit the upper lake at Ridgefield, it looked promising.

I had a few gills harass my lures but that was all and I had no hook ups.

I loaded up and went home for lunch. Took the Mrs shopping and mowed the lawn. then It was back to the lake. Hit the lower lake next and had a nice size black bear  run out in front of me on the lake road. I took it as a good omen.

Didn't work out that way. It was a nice day, a bit breezy at times but it was better than sitting at this desk. I watched a pair of eagles chasing each other around above the lake, constant splashing of kingfishers diving for minnows and a beaver was swimming and eating lily pads while I fished the same area but still no hookups.

Just at sundown I started hearing popping noises and tossed out a popper and was working it back to the canoe when it got hit. A nice pickerel, 18" and in the cooler. I got the lure back out and after a couple casts got another hard hit. This one had some shoulders and I was sure it was a nice bass, right up until I got it to the canoe.

I put that bad boy in with the pickerel and cast back out. Another 15 minutes later and I realized it was over already. Gills were still popping on top but nothing else was hitting. I worked the lake for another hour and called it a day.

It was a great day to be outside and I didn't get skunked. it was worth the vacation day  8)

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com