142 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Favorite Parts of PA to camp and Hike?  (Read 6625 times)

RutNut

• Montana 2011
Favorite Parts of PA to camp and Hike?
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
Just wondered what everybody's favorite parts of PA are to camp and hike, bike, backpack etc...................   I have always loved the NorthCentral part of the state up above Williamsport and north of Jersey SHore, Pa. The Pine Creek Valley is a favorite. Have done some backpacking and mountain biking and hiking in that area. Would like to do more fishing there too.

Couple years ago I did a backpacking spring gobbler hunting/fishing trip with a friend along a stretch of the Black Forrest Trail. Unfortunately we hiked a bit too far up in elevation and all the streams were way too small to hold any fish. Was really neat up there and the solitude could not be beat, but no fishing that trip.

Last year did the same thing solo along the Old Logger's path north of Trout Run. Fished the upper stretches of Rock Run for native trout, which I found out the hard way can be difficult to catch! But again found some beautiful areas to camp, hunt and fish and had fun "getting away from it all!"  8)

So let's here it..................... ....................... .where are your favorite areas to leave civilization behind???!!!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com