98 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: homemade dash and scupper mount  (Read 4609 times)

Spider1

• PA Fisher
homemade dash and scupper mount
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:10:02 AM »
I got myself a new Lowrance and had to figure a way to mount it on my kayak, after checking all the different options I settled on a dash so I wouldn't have to drill into my yak. I tried a swing arm transducer mount last year on my canoe and hated it and the FF uses DSI as well as HDI so I didn't want to do an in-hull mount and lose some of the sensitivity from the DSI so I decided on a scupper mount. The store bought dash is basically just a board with a riser. But then I would have to get a box for the battery and a scupper mount and even then it wasn't gonna do what I had in mind soooo. To the work shop!

I came up with a dash that would hold my battery and wires securely and I sort of over built it and made it as waterproof as I could in case I flip.

I filled the holes with closed cell foam and lined it with an insulating strip.

everything fit nice and neatly in side. Then I had to come up with the scupper mount. I used a piece of stainless threaded rod and made a small bracket out of a piece of 3/4x1/8 stainless bar stock. and added a couple pieces of closed cell foam to keep it centered, I cut the foam with a 1 1/2" hole saw.

It fit perfectly.

And I topped it off with a piece of a carving board I cut with a 2" hole saw and a thumbscrew I had laying around.

I have plans for adding a few other things as I go. The spaces on the side of the box gives me ideas... I'm thinking... down riggers  8)

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com