35 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Beltzville  (Read 1477 times)

freytown

• PA Fisher
Beltzville
« on: April 11, 2016, 04:59:53 PM »
Looking for some info on Beltzville. Always wanted to try it. Are the boat launches free to use?? Anyone fishing there lately.  FT

NYPA FISHING

Beltzville
« on: April 11, 2016, 04:59:53 PM »

FM

• Administrator
Re: Beltzville
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
Looking for some info on Beltzville. Always wanted to try it. Are the boat launches free to use?? Anyone fishing there lately.  FT

It's a state park so the launches are PFBC and free. Only ever ice fished it one time. There are stripers and white perch in it. Other than that I'm not much help.
FM

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »

FRYTOWN,,GLAD TO SEE YOU :)
My buddy lives by BELTSVILLE,Hes not a fan of the lake.
There are a few free launches.

How was the ice fishing on the D,,,DAM?????? :-\

Good luck at BELTZVILLE... ;)
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

icemole

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
 It's been years since I was up but FM is right both launches are free.  Pine Run is on the N.side down near the beach/picinic area. It is in the open area(there used to be a speed limit, a section for skiing and if you were just cruising you were supposed to go clock wise or counter clock wise don't know what's up now). Then you have Preachers Camp launch this is in the no wake zone on the S. side, basically where the two creek arms meet.

Summer time it gets hammered - a lot of NY + NJ crowd. I fished it once in June figured I'd start early 4AM and leave around 10AM before it got nuts(my Blue marsh plan). Didn't work got back to the ramp and it was a cluster already - ended up staying till dusk. Fortunately the burgers were good at the snack bar.

Did a few early spring bass T's we didn't do well but they caught some nice fish. We caught some to during scouting trips just not at the right time LOL.

Bass, stripers, musky, eye's, pickerel and a few big brownies. Panfish it used to have nice yellow perch never heard much on sunnies or crappie but do know that white perch showed up there too don't know how bad they got.
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »

freytown

• PA Fisher
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:08:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replies. Going to give it a try before ski season.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:08:57 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com