74 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Lower lake  (Read 15802 times)

Spider1

• PA Fisher
Lower lake
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:29:48 AM »
made it up to Promised land lower lake and paddled around a bit. Early morning and the fog was hanging over the water and the eagles were flying around getting ready for a trout breakfast.

it's hard to make them out, a cheap cell phone camera and a hundred yards or so equals a black dot in the trees to the left of the channel.

I ended up anchoring in the middle and trying a few different baits and lures. The Phoebe kept getting short hits but the power bait on the bottom got me some 'bow.

I ended up with 3 of them. The trout were launching themselves all day. I tried to see what they were after but couldn't see anything until later in the day. There was some white fly coming off the surface in the afternoon, the trout were after the emergers and launching themselves to get them before they hit the surface. I tried a few dries but they didn't want them once they got above the surface and I didn't have any nymphs with me. I bet a gold-ribbed hairs ear woulda done it. Let it sink then strip it up in short strips like a nymph heading to the surface. I gotta put a couple in the box for the next time... hopefully this week some time.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com