35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Ceasetown dam (pikescreek res.)  (Read 4618 times)

zziipp

• TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER
Ceasetown dam (pikescreek res.)
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:35:33 AM »
Theve been doing a lot of work up there cutting trees,adding drains ext. Now a couple of people have told me they are planning on blue stoning it to control the algae because it's blocking drain pipes.they did this to crystal lake in mt.Top.not only does this kill algae but also fish. I believe it's got a copper sulphate compound in it. I hope this is only a rumor. If not another fishery may be harmed.some say the fishing is bad for only a couple weeks and the fish will head to deeper water with less affect. I don't know. But crystal lake took a beating from this.I guess it depends on how much they use and where it's placed and the size of the body of water.I also know that the algae up there has been getting worse every yr. And to much algae can harm a fish population also. Hopefully if they do it a balance can be met to satisfy everyone.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:02:22 AM by zziipp »

NYPA FISHING

Ceasetown dam (pikescreek res.)
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:35:33 AM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
Re: Ceasetown dam (pikescreek res.)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:58 AM »
I was up that way yesterday, ZZIIP.
Took a ride to moon lake,was never there.Im thinking of hitting it this year for BASS.
MAN took me 10 minute or more to find the lake,once I got in the PARK.NO SIGNs ,FIR NOTHING.
Went by CEASETOWN DAM,SEEN ALL THE WORK GOING ON THERE.
It had 1' whitecaps on it ,when I went by.
Do they allow you to fish CEAETOWN??? :-\ :-\
Looked like a nice DAM. :)
Id like to wet a line there,before it goes bad. ;)
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

zziipp

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »
Was sunrise til 9 pm. Shore fish only. No wading. No fishing front side of dam. Can be hard to fish when waters up and limited shoreline. With all the work they are doing I don't know what's up now.

chez

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
Thanks ZZIIPP,ID LIKE TO TOSS SOME JITTER BUGS AROUNT THERE AFTER DARK,,,,I GUESS THAT OUT.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »

pabassman

• PA Fisher
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
Thanks ZZIIPP,ID LIKE TO TOSS SOME JITTER BUGS AROUNT THERE AFTER DARK,,,,I GUESS THAT OUT.

I have a couple buddies that live pretty close that fish it. J-Bugs at night is how the one guy does it. He gets a couple 5s every year. There is a decent walleye bite the other guy gets on late in the fall. 4pm til a couple hours after dark throwing stickbaits. They will catch fish right til ice up. Past two seasons were not that good but they always seem to get an eye or a couple bass even a perch or calico too.

chez

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:07:24 AM »
THANKS FOR THE IMFO,,PB.
I GOTTA GIVE IT A TRY.
NUTTIN,LIKE JITTERBUG FISHING.... :)

zziipp

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 06:58:19 AM »
Took a ride earlier today chez. Waters a Lil high yet. A lot of spots not fishable.if ya walk around a Lil there's a couple small openings.

chez

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:29:26 AM »
Maybe,we csn do a saturday evening,Zziipp.
Id luv to hit it with someone who knows the place.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:29:26 AM »

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »
I'm game for that, love night time jitterbugging.  I have to dust off my bass gear and get ready.

chez

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU CAN GO HD..IM HITTING CANNONSVILLE THIS SATURDAY FOR SMALLIES,,ANYTIME AFTER THAT ,,,IM GAME,,DONT FORGET ABOUT ME :)

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
Ha ha ha, how can anyone forget about you Chez,   I've actually never fished Ceasetown Res.  it would be a 1st timer for me.

zziipp

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »
A Lil early yet and needs to drop some.not a lot of shoreline yet. And be prepared to walk.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »

zziipp

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »
Ha ha ha, how can anyone forget about you Chez,   I've actually never fished Ceasetown Res.  it would be a 1st timer for me.
hd you've never fished there.time to get off the trout lol.

fishfinder

• wired to fish
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »
I heard two reasons for the work being done at Ceasetown.  the illegal dumping in the parking lot was getting out of control, one time last year I pulled into there and someone dumped two mattress, couch, chairs and a big screen TV so now that it's been cleared you'll be spotted easily. Also heard
The reason for the logging is they will be doing repair work on the dam, now the last time work was done there the res was lowered significantly. Water level was down a good 20 to 25 feet. Great for shoreline access but the algae was BAD , so what zziipp said makes me think they will add chem to control it. Would be a shame tho...abundant walleye population in there, one of my Co workers hammers them in the fall, biggest one he has taken out of there was 31 inch. He says when they are feeding at dusk close to shore you shine a flashlight and see the reflection off there eyes while they are chasing bait. It is a long hike out in the dark tho. I seem to be able to only catch largies from there, decent tho in the 25 to 20 inch range on small tubes and small swim baits. Good luck.
Fish hard, bend your rod

zziipp

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »
They lowered it to fix the canal that got damaged and drain work ext..and are supposed to be lowering it to do some more repairs.as far as the trees they are going to be doing more work. They are also logging the canal on the other side on moon lake property down by Pavlik rd.in Oct they put in for permits to do dam work to bring it up to code.I believe they had to remove the trees on side and front of dam to do this. Some seepage problems I believe.they also had to relocate a Lil wetland area because they had to remove some.some of the logging work looks like the mess they made up on Fedor rd.take what they want and leave everything else laying all around. Once the underbrush grows you'll kill yourself trying to walk through some of these areas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:53:08 PM by zziipp »

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com