62 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: A couple bass  (Read 8956 times)

zziipp

• TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER
Re: A couple bass
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 04:13:33 PM »
Rubber bands work good ;)

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 04:13:33 PM »

DeadBird

• PA Fisher
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »
Chez I have a Heddon Crazy Crawler you can have.  A few years ago I was camping on a lake near Liverpool.  I had a largie break off my last jitterbug.  I hit the only place in town and they had no jitterbugs  :-\  but they had the Crazy Crawler, it caught fish but it seems really bulky to me, I don't use it.

My jitterbugs are either black or spray painted black.  I'd like to try a fluorescent color, maybe spray one or use a sharpie.

With top water in open water you either have the "stop & go" (chugbug, hula popper) constant moving - big plugs moving a lot of water (crazy crawler, jitterbug) or the wake lures, less disturbance and more subtle.  With the jitterbug you can almost do all 3.  I think the skirts on the Hula Popper brings a lot of hits.

I used to use balsa poppers for bass with a fly rod, bass and fat gills loved them.  I used the on the Susky with some success.  Toward dark I was experimenting and started stripping them frantically, the smallies hammered it.  I need to try that again and some other top water flies, dry mouse in particular.

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »
Thanks buddy....
Ill be looking forward to that Crazy Crawler....
It will get you a few cold PBRS,MY FRIEND ;)
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »
You guys ever fish a Zara spook? They are a topwater bait that walks and zigzag zag side to side when retrieved. Lot's of noise and action from the spooks! Bass love them! If a bass blows it up....leave it on the surface for the bass to return to eat it!
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

KingPerch

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »

CowDawg

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »
I have an old inherited tackle box from my Uncle.  I fished out of this box for years when I was a kid.  I know I have 1 if not more Krazy Crawlers and many old wooden lures.. 

It's just so sentimental to me I even hate going into it a taking out lures to use!

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 06:39:03 AM »
You guys ever fish a Zara spook? They are a topwater bait that walks and zigzag zag side to side when retrieved. Lot's of noise and action from the spooks! Bass love them! If a bass blows it up....leave it on the surface for the bass to return to eat it!

KP.  I got a bunch of ZARRA SPOOKS..WALKING THE DOG BRO!!!!
I also got,,[[[AND YOU MIGHT REMEMBER]]] 2 of the WOUNDED SPOOKS,,A DOUBLE PROPPED SURFACE LURE,COLORED LIKE A PERCH LIEING ON ITS SIDE DYING...I USE ONE and HAVE THE SECOND LOCKED UP IN ONE OF MY GUN CABINETS...
GREAT LURE..Why they stopped making them is beond me.
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 06:39:03 AM »

DeadBird

• PA Fisher
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 07:01:43 AM »
Believe it or not, spooks are popular for striped bass. The stripers prefer a slower retrieve than the blues so you can walk the dog. The blues like it skipping a little more, they just want to kill it and it's no fun for them if it can't get away. Plus the damn blues destroy a plug very quickly.

KingPerch

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »
KP.  I got a bunch of ZARRA SPOOKS..WALKING THE DOG BRO!!!!
I also got,,[[[AND YOU MIGHT REMEMBER]]] 2 of the WOUNDED SPOOKS,,A DOUBLE PROPPED SURFACE LURE,COLORED LIKE A PERCH LIEING ON ITS SIDE DYING...I USE ONE and HAVE THE SECOND LOCKED UP IN ONE OF MY GUN CABINETS...
GREAT LURE..Why they stopped making them is beond me.
I didn't remember the wounded spook until I saw your pic. I never fished with one. But, I can see it driving bass crazy!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com