52 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Okay, What's goin' on here?  (Read 6146 times)

CowDawg

Okay, What's goin' on here?
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Just a little good venting I suppose...  A lot has been happening lately...  Tis the change of seasons and I tend to flow with the seasons as my hobbies consistently change. 
Lately my fishing has somewhat diminished and I haven't wet a line in quite a while and my buddy Chez thinks I'm neglecting him. LOL   ;) 

I was going to do a Striped Bass surf fishing trip but my work schedule prevented a nice 3 day trip!

My urge for hunting season is taking over and I've been doing my best at getting out for some X-bow hunting, then it's squirrel hunting with the .22 and with all this recent rain I love picking mushrooms!!! :o
Ughhhh..
Now here's the topper!!!  The past 2 days my mind has been swirling with thoughts of Ice Fishing!!!!!
WTH????  Is it this recent cold snap?
I'm looking at ice huts(even though I have a brand new one), tipups and jigging rods and watching ice fishing youtube videos on different techiques!  The whole time thinking of what changes I can do to my own equipment.........  I was actually dreaming last night of ICE FISHING!!!!!! 

WOW... is my plate full or what?  Is this normal???   :o

NYPA FISHING

Okay, What's goin' on here?
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »

slammer

• PA Fisher
Re: Okay, What's goin' on here?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:42:26 PM »
Well cd, if i may add my thought on this post and what i got from it is.......your a man who has his prioritys straight.....work first.....even though it kyboshed a surf fish trip.you get it done....also your an extreemly avid outdoorsman which bc of your variety of intrestest u never get your fill on any one activity and they are sometimes overlaping w change of season and not enough time and to many todos u never get to all to get sick of just one and u have ice on the brain lol or what i call......ifd  ice fishing disorder.....join the club......hope to see you on the hard water this season.....ps i like mushroom picking also but the ones i like exist under cow flops hahaha :o

Spider1

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:10:13 AM »
yeah... it was 26 degrees at my house and everything had a frosty feel to it. As my headlights came on it seemed like everything shimmered like it was all made of glass. The lakes will turn soon and then sheet over with ice and then... oh, I'm sorry, I guess I'm not helping much am I ;D

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »
MY 2 CENTS..
THIS IS A BUSY TIME OF THE YEAR.
SOME of the BEST FISHING.
MUSHROOM PICKING.
APPLEPIE MOONSHINE MAKING.
BOW SEASON.SMALL GAME SEASON
BUCK SEASON.ALONG WITH BEAR SEASON.
AND THE ALLWAYS ANTICIPATING [[[[[ICE SEASON]]]]
If your an AVID OUTDOORSMAN,this is an exciting time of the year for you.
                         YOU CANT DO IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       BUT MAN WE TRY.LOL.
I find myself sitting on bow stand DAYDREAMING OF FISHING.
Then I see a few SQUIRRLES and SAY [MAN I WISH I HAD MY 22,,ID HAVE SQIRRLE STEW]
Thenpicking shroom and seeing DEER wishing I had the bow.
THen Saturday I was in NY Fishing CANNONSVILLE,RAIN SNOW WIND AND COLD. BITE WAS TERRIBLE.I was thinking I should be in my
HEATED TREE STAND HUNTING DOE WITH MY MUZZLELOADER.....WINDOW S CLOSED ,HEATER on TAKING A NICE NAP!!!!!LOL.
Sunday I had plans on hitting a LAKE WITH MY BUDDY SPIDER in OUR YAKS in the afternoon.
I bought a USED TRUCK CAP IN THE MORNING,and had a hell of a time wirring the 3rd brake lite.
Told spider I couldn't make it.
I was lying under the truck trying to wire it thinking,,,,,MAN I SHOULD BE OUT WITH SPIDER ON THE YAK.......
COWDAWG IT DOSE SUCK....
But the way I look at it is,,AS LONG as yopur OUT DOING 1 of the things you enjoy,,IT AINT THAT BAD.
I didn't do a DOVE HUNT in 3 years NOW.....
I use to luv HUNTING LEBANON For them PEACE BIRDS.
Hopefully next year. ;)
HANG IN THERE AND GO WITH THE FLOW....
THAT RIVER IS UP,,I GOT CATFISHING,and A PANFISH TRIP ON MY MIND THIS WEEKEND.
HOPEFULLY I GET ONE OF THEM DONE :-\
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »
I'm in the same boat guys................... ....................... .......so to speak!  ;)  Always looking ahead to the next season, or thinking of what else I could be doing(hunting/fishing) while I am doing whatever I am doing.  ::) 
Seems once Archery starts I am pretty focused, but like Chez I tend to start thinking I could be small game hunting, turkey hunting etc...............while sitting on my deer stand. But usually about now all thoughts go to rutting bucks! Scrapes, grunts, bucks chasing does................... .......just a GREAT time to be in the woods!  8)
BUT, still think about the coming ice-season. Just the other day was looking at different floatation suits and thinking about how I can work that in to the budget for this year. I need a good new winter coat, so maybe I can work something out! Wife don't need to know it's ICE FISHING gear!  ;)

slammer

• PA Fisher
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:01:21 AM »
Smart move rutnut......after reading cusefan story last ice season of going through the snowmobile and all gear alone and had to walk 2miles to closest cabin and he credited his striker preditor floating ice suit for saving his life it was clear to me my next purchance and that brand for sure.  They are kinda of pricey.but u cant put a price on life and for as much as we are out there its a no brainer ...i found the jackett for $159.99 and the bibs for $179.99 both w free shipping.  If your wife doesnt approve.....let her read that post im sure $330 is cheap to unsure your safty......its a smart purchase

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
Yep! That was a real eye-opener for me as well! And this year I expect to fish The Pack much more instead of the smaller lakes where if something happened you could get back to your vehicle quick.

I was all set to pull the trigger on a new drill and clam plate this year, but the more I think about it the smart thing to do would be to go with the Floatation suit this year and wait on the drill/plate til next year. (won't be able to afford both  :-\)

CowDawg

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
Glad I'm not alone here!!  ;)

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »

slammer

• PA Fisher
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »
Im in your boat paddeling hard cd and chez and rut......rutnut is in cds inflatable trailer lol.a oh and spider too and most really...anyway i know i try and be funny and joke.....in reality and all seriousness.....im impressed and think its so interesting the amount of outdoors activitys and the vast amount of knowledge that comes w them of the hunting fishing ect...you all have here....also i know if i ask question it would be shared w no issues and i so appreciate it and thanx...its impressive........im off to bel mar nj for sea bass this sat......still seats available on bus if anyone intrested.....leaves scr at noon return 2 or 3 am

chez

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 06:20:39 AM »
Good luck on the trip Slammer..
I wish I could of made it.... :(
Had to cancel one with FM to the surf also  :(
HEATER CORE IN MY JEEP WENT.
TRUCK inspection DUE.Along with registration.
2 BIRTHDAYS this week.
Bought a used CAP for my truck.
And saving up for a new AUGAR...
Man I need another job.Cant afford it anymore.lol.
Im glad we have you on the site brother.
Hope to see some pics from that tripp :) :)

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
Chez- don't tell me you're turning into NO SHOW JONES this year???!!!  ;)

Slammer- have a great time on the trip! That's one thing I'm not really into(offshore stuff). You are right about all the combined knowledge on this site! I don't think I ever go fishin' with one of these guys that I don't go home with a new tip or technique!  8)

Spider1

• PA Fisher
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
No show Jones says he's gonna go and then suddenly, last minute, can't make it. You know how that goes dontcha nut-rut! LOL!

Off shore is great, tons of fun and adventure. I'd love to go on a trip to the coast but not this weekend. Too much holiday this weekend with little ones around but I'll have to see about hitting one of the lakes around here anyways. Thanks for the great offer slammer!

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »

chez

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »
WOW ,,that's not fair spider.
first time I ever canceled with you..
I had to get that lite to pass inspectin today

KingPerch

• NY DIEHARD!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
You guys crack me up!  ;D
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

R.I.P Rodney!😎

CowDawg

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »
OMG....  you guys are like a bunch of meddling women!  ROFL

Chez...  if you want to eat more deer dogs you need to switch to the miller lite!!!  end of story!!!!!!!!
Slammer..... stop eating the cow flop mushrooms they taste like crap!!
Spider.... stop eating all the fish!!!!  Leave some for US!  LOL
and No show Rut Nut..... buy the flotation suit!!!  Please!!!  they are worth it... Watch Dick's ads, they put them on sale!!!

You outgrew that camouflage suit of your about 20 years ago! 

End of Story! ;) ;D

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com