52 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Wallenpaupack Launches  (Read 891 times)

bent rod

• PA Fisher
Wallenpaupack Launches
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
I might head up to the Pack on Thursday and I want to launch my boat on the Western end of the lake.  I have always launched from the State launch on the dam end before.  I guess there are launches at Ironwood Point and Ledgedale that require a fee to launch.  Can anyone tell me if these launches are open this time of year and how the procedure works? (hours of operation and how you pay the fee)  Also, I can't seem to find the website with the current lake levels.  Are there any issues launching a boat at these launches this time of year?  Thanks in advance.

NYPA FISHING

Wallenpaupack Launches
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »

pabassman

• PA Fisher
Re: Wallenpaupack Launches
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 06:43:30 PM »
As of earlier today the state launch is still iced in. This weekends tourney not likely to happen. Pics posted on another site. The person said its still covered from Ledgedale to Ironwood. Not sure if Cafferys is open but it might be a little iffy with the ice breaking up and moving. I would think Ledgedale will open fairly quick with the river pumping lots of water in.
Lake level site:
https://renewableops.brookfield.com/en/Presence/North-America/Recreation-and-Safety/Wallenpaupack/Waterflow-Information

Harveys is open and Sundays tourney is on if you are interested.

bent rod

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 05:12:24 AM »
Thanks for the report and saving me a trip.  I assumed that it would be open water by now.  I'll have to try a lake a little closer to home.

pabassman

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:25:20 PM »
Thanks for the report and saving me a trip.  I assumed that it would be open water by now.  I'll have to try a lake a little closer to home.

Got an update. Got pretty breezy today and a lot of ice moved. I still wouldn't bother tomorrow. Thats where I was headed. Changed plans to Harveys. Saturdays tourney still not cancelled. I guess they are going to wait til tomorrow for a last check. This was the state launch Monday.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:25:20 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com