78 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Leaser 7/13  (Read 117 times)

icemole

• PA Fisher
Leaser 7/13
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »
 Got a call last night buddy had an open seat, but his big gas motor is down so electric lakes were on the menu. His suggestions were either Marsh Creek or Nockamixon. When I reminded him of the severe flooding in those areas he mention Kearcher... I suggested Leaser since I wasn't thrilled with Kearcher(again LOL) and that became the plan.

Got to the first launch around 6am started in that cove. Nothing doing on buzzbaits I switched to a Pop-R and quickly caught 2  6" lm . We stayed on that shoreline but worked down and around the dam breast without much more catching but more "little" bites on a variety of lures/baits. Buddy had one decent bite but missed as we got closer to the outflow area.

Fished that shoreline past the Kayak launch + fishing pier with no action till we got to the next cove where my buddy picked up a nice 15-16" lm. started into the cove but ran into a guy coming out so we cut across and hit the other side back out to the "main" lake. As we rounded the "point" my buddy put on a clinic picking up 4 more "keepers" from 15"-20"ish. Meanwhile I got 3 more dinks including my biggie at 12" LOL.  Didn't see much other catching going on 1 kayak guy got 2 maybe legal size lm and a guy leaving when we did claimed  a 3lber.

Cut across to the island and fished the island bank going in and the other bank coming out - Yayyy!  shade and a breeze but no more fish and we packed it in.

With all the publicity from the draining/repair/draining/repair... it is no longer the "forgotten" lake it once was. There was 50-70 boats out plus a dozen or two kayak fishermen. Then around 9am the recreational kayakers/paddle boarders started showing up
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

NYPA FISHING

Leaser 7/13
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com