70 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Injured Bear  (Read 9240 times)

RutNut

• Montana 2011
Injured Bear
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »
Had a visitor tonight after supper. A young black bear was hopping thru the front yard. It apparently injured it's right front leg/paw and was hopping on the left front leg. It came real close right to the foot of our front steps and appeared to be ready to come up the steps onto our deck, so I opened the door and "shoo'd" it away from the house. I watched as it hopped over into the side yard and down over the bank into the woods. About every 40 feet or so it stopped and sat down like it was resting. Don't know if it had a broken leg or what, but it did NOT want to put any weight on it.

NYPA FISHING

Injured Bear
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »

Susky

• PA Fisher
Re: Injured Bear
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:38:44 PM »
Sounds like it was hurting and afraid of houses.  Hopefully someone didn't shoot it for getting into there garbage or bird seed that they left outside.  I work with a guy who leaved his trash and "deer feed" outside and a bear keeps getting into it. The said he was "shooting over it to scare it" with his shot gun and that he was soon going to kill it.  I'm just sitting there thinking I dare you to shoot that bruin.  I will be on the phone with the PGC in a heart beat.  Its not the bear that is a nuisance, its the people who make them a nuisance.  A dumpster bear may as well be a dead bear.  Sorry for the rant!
Don't Horse Em ....

durk

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 06:38:35 AM »
The PGC are quick to shoot bears
how about last year when they gave
the WB SC airport permission to shoot a mother
and her cubs because they were to close to the
runway :o

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »
Yeah what a joke that was.  Things like that burn my chops.
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »

KingPerch

• HARTATTACK BAIT COMPANY
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
A tranquilizer and relocation would've been a better solution. That sucks!  :-\
Do what you like, like what you do! LIFE IS GOOD!

durk

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
Susky
If your chops are burning turn down the heat
a little HA HA ZING 8)

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
Lol

Durk, I learned that lesson the hard way my friend.  Low and slow is they to s juicy hunk of meat.
Don't Horse Em ....

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »
Susky
If your chops are burning turn down the heat
a little HA HA ZING 8)

ZING!  ;D

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:18:28 PM »
Sounds like it was hurting and afraid of houses.  Hopefully someone didn't shoot it for getting into there garbage or bird seed that they left outside.  I work with a guy who leaved his trash and "deer feed" outside and a bear keeps getting into it. The said he was "shooting over it to scare it" with his shot gun and that he was soon going to kill it.  I'm just sitting there thinking I dare you to shoot that bruin.  I will be on the phone with the PGC in a heart beat.  Its not the bear that is a nuisance, its the people who make them a nuisance.  A dumpster bear may as well be a dead bear.  Sorry for the rant!

I talked to our Local WCO on Sat. and he said it was probably the one that got hit by a car last week nearby. He said they are tough animals and will probably heal in a couple weeks and be no worse for the wear.

I know what you mean about the stupid people. We have them here too. One guy used to put a shower curtain down in his living room floor and spread pastries and bread down when he saw the local bear. Then would take pictures of it feeding off his living room floor. Guess what happened the first time he went out of town for a week? yep, he came home to a busted out living room window!  ::)  Another guy would put a peanut butter sandwich in his mouth and let the bear(different bear) pull it out of his mouth with his teeth. Yeah, we got some real rocket scientists around here!  ;)
It got so bad that our WCO now says most of the nuisance bear complaints are actually nuisance PEOPLE complaints!  ::)

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »
That would be the day i let a bear in my house.
That guy must be on Crack!!!!!
The other guy feeding the bear out of his mouth should work for the circus.A pack of Crack Heads.Where the hell you live,at the CLARKSUMMIT STATE HOSPITAL??????
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

durk

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 07:38:59 AM »
They should enforce the no feeding animal
laws In Alaska you can't even have a bird
feeder 8)

RutNut

• Montana 2011
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »
That would be the day i let a bear in my house.
That guy must be on Crack!!!!!
The other guy feeding the bear out of his mouth should work for the circus.A pack of Crack Heads.Where the hell you live,at the CLARKSUMMIT STATE HOSPITAL??????

LOL Chez! No, but we got all them "Citi-ots" that moved up here from NJ and NYC!  ;)

But seriously, you would be amazed listening to all the (true)stories of what people do from our local WCO. Oh, I forgot to mention the guy that was trying to lure a bear into his VW bug with donuts to get a pic!  :o

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Those stories are unbelievable!  Saw on the news tonight that someone shot one up near Towanda and threw it over s bank.  I hope they string the sucker up.
Don't Horse Em ....

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
I shot 9 threw the years,i have no desire to kill anymore.
I would rather feed them some PEANUTBUTTER and JELLY wings,THEY WILL APPRECIATE THEM,NOT LIKE THAT RUTNUT >:(
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »
They should enforce the no feeding animal
laws In Alaska you can't even have a bird
feeder 8)

Could you imagine if they banned bird feeders in PA.  There would be riots my friend!   I am all for that law though.
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com