77 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: what's your preference?  (Read 5336 times)

Susky

• PA Fisher
what's your preference?
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:19:02 PM »
I keep kicking around the idea of getting a yak or inflatable but haven't bit the bullet yet.  I'm leaning towards a yak.  What do you guys think is the best option for the river and large ponds?
Don't Horse Em ....

NYPA FISHING

what's your preference?
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:19:02 PM »

chez

• AINT LIVING LONG LIKE THIS,,,,HAUS!!!!
Re: what's your preference?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
I got a yak back in September,i was only out with it 4 times but,im addicted to it.i own a big vhull with a 25hp.2,12 vhulls at my house also, 1 with a 9.9 merc and 1 with just a troller,3 boats on cannonsville 1 on Downsville and gunna buy a second 1 for Downsville and out of all of them I luv my yak.,
my boy has an inflateable he never used.Go with the yak in my opinion.Good luck with your decision.
What turned out to be a Joke,The Law Dogs  Dont Understand!!!!

Susky

• PA Fisher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 06:58:44 PM »
Sounds like you have boats all over the place chez!  Definately leaning towards a yak now just have to save my pennies.
Don't Horse Em ....

KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »
I LOVE MY YAK ;)

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »

chez

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:49:26 AM »
I was Lucky last year SUSKY,i got mine at DICKs end of season.My son bought the same Yak in june and I tried it and luved it.i was lucky to get the same one as him.$345.00 with the paddle.Great deal he paid $425.00 with the paddle.I think you will be pleased with a yak.
I looked all over for a used one,hard to find.FM sold one,it was gone before I could PM him.
All the boats have in NY on the dams are all old v hulls.they are $300.00 boats.you have to leave them there all year.Oars only,but they do let you use a troller on CANNONSVILLE,but im too old to be lugging a battery up and down the sides of the dams,lol.

JSOKO

• PA Fisher
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:55:37 AM »
We have 2 Jackson Cuda's.

They are expensive, but worth every penny not having back pain after fishing. The most comfortable seats I found.

Dogmatic

• PA Fisher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »
I have both, and a canoe. Comes down to this, river=yak.

The_Kid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »
If you don't have a regular boat but want to enjoy fishing off shore get a good kayak . Not just one from dicks. Not saying those arnt good but when you see a real fishing kayak it blows you mind when they put the angler in mind when they build the yaks . With tackle storage rod holders . Dry storage THE ABILITY TO STAND UP AND CAST without falling out. Tell me if you can stand up and cast in a dicks sporting goods kayak. I go to kayak bass tournaments  you should see some of these guys setups .some good brands are JACKSON, HOOK ONE, ect . Go big or go home spend the Dough on a yak you will have forever.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:51:45 PM »

chez

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06:55 AM »
If you don't have a regular boat but want to enjoy fishing off shore get a good kayak . Not just one from dicks. Not saying those arnt good but when you see a real fishing kayak it blows you mind when they put the angler in mind when they build the yaks . With tackle storage rod holders . Dry storage THE ABILITY TO STAND UP AND CAST without falling out. Tell me if you can stand up and cast in a dicks sporting goods kayak. I go to kayak bass tournaments  you should see some of these guys setups .some good brands are JACKSON, HOOK ONE, ect . Go big or go home spend the Dough on a yak you will have forever.

I DISSAGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY KID;
I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY A CHEEPER KAYAK FIRST say a $4oo.oo DICKS MODEL.
TRY IT FOR A YEAR,SEE if it is what you want.MAKE SURE YOUR GUNNA USE IT.
MAKE sure your gunna be comfortable in a KAYAK.And your gunna be able to fish out of it.
THEN if you LIKE IT and USE IT ENOUGHT.GO SPEND $1200 or so.
SELL the cheeper KAYAK and you will get close to all your money for it with the popularity of them now.
JUST MY OPINION.

HenryDavid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
I've fished from a yak and pontoon and prefer the pontoon.  I think it all comes down to getting used to your float and gear so you become more comfortable with it.  Has anyone seen those surfboard style floats you stand on, they look super cool to me.

The_Kid

• PA Fisher
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 03:02:30 PM »
I see what your saying chez but how are you suppose to like it if it's not really that great. The seat it what matters a lot to me . Those cheezy foam ones you get with the dicks yaks suck and you are limited to space and mobility . If you are a fisherman you will LOVE a fishing kayak . What I'm saying it don't waste the 400 on an ok fishing kayak and just get the good one . You won't be disappointed.

chez

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 06:34:34 AM »
Im 255 lbs.
I got a dicks yak.
On sale last year.12,' 2 dry wells..
Built in tackle box.2 drsin plugs adjustable padded seat.
Adjustable foot rest and paddle.all for under $400.00.
I luv it. :)
It dose everything i need.
I fish the river with it.
Lakes and ponds.
I would luv to get a 14' maybe to fish the Bay at the beach.
But right now My Dicks Cheepo,i guess???
Works just fine for me.
Good topic Kid.
Let me know if you cant find that valve cover.
My cousins own a junk yard in Duryea.
Good luck...

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 06:34:34 AM »

icemole

• PA Fisher
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 12:55:22 PM »
 I've had an 18' bassboat great if you have a buddy but a bit of a pain solo, same thing with the smaller fishing boats I had.  Probably my best rig was a Radison  transome canoe a bit wider than a standard square end canoe, yet at 45lbs I could throw it in the truck no problems and did not need a ramp. Trolling motor + battery I was good for the day. (I did have to be gentle as it was made out of aluminum foil ;D . I mainly stuck to lakes but I did have it out on the Susky below Harrisburg on a few times(good conditions). Sold it to my niece for a dollar when I got the 18 footer -  was hoping to buy it back after her family grew but they quit at one kid
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

NYPA FISHING

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 12:55:22 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ PAFishers.com
Copyright 2017 PAFishers.com